IMPORTANT CHANGES to how Refuse/Recycling will be billed beginning in 2022 — Please see “Letter to Residents” below for more information.
Garbage Collection in the Borough is provided through a contract with Valley Waste Service, Beaver Falls, PA (724) 843-9373.
YOUR PICK-UP DAY FOR TRASH AND RECYCLING WILL BE FRIDAY.
Refuse collection bills are sent out by Conway Borough at the beginning of January, June, and September. Bills are for 4 months at a time at the rate of $20.00 per month.
Payment is due to Conway Borough April 30th, August 31st, and December 31st.
Residents have the option to make payment in full for the entire year before February 15th and receive a 1-month discount. This reduces the total cost of garbage & recycling pickup from $240.00 to $220.00 for the year.
Commercial / Industrial and residential buildings with four or more units must contract for their own refuse pick-up.
PAYMENTS ARE NOW ACCEPTED ONLINE
Notice: Service Fee
- If you pay via credit or debit card, your statement will include a separate 2.95% or $2.50 minimum service fee with this transaction.
- If you pay by e-check, there will be an additional $2.00 service fee. This requires the provision of your checking/savings account number and your routing number.
- These fees are assessed by the credit card processor, not by the Borough of Conway.
Note: Refunds will be processed less the service fee.
We Proudly Accept: VISA, MasterCard, Discover
Your statement will reflect 2 line items for this transaction:1. Type of Payment for the Borough of Conway2. Service Fee associated with the processing of your payment.
VALLEY WASTE WILL NOT RECYCLE PLASTIC BAGS OR GLASS BOTTLES OR JARS
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY FROM VALLEY WASTE SERVICE, INC.
Valley Waste will no longer accept recycling items in plastic bags. Items to be recycled must be placed loose in carts or bins. Please do not put plastic bags in your home recycling bin. The Valley Waste Recycling Center is meant to sort cans, bottles, paper and cardboard. It is not meant to sort plastic bags. Plastic bags slow down systems, drive up costs and hurt the quality of materials. It is not that used plastic bags cannot be recycled into new materials, they simply require a different collection system and processing equipment than most curbside recycling programs provide. Plastic bags can be recycled, just not in home recycling bins. Instead, drop them off at specially marked bins in front of most supermarkets. THANK YOU!
ELECTRONIC WASTE AND HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION
Household Hazardous waste will be collected three times in 2020: March 21, September 19, and December 19
Computers, tv’s, and other electronic devices will be collected one per month per residence.
Call Valley Waste Services at 724-843-9373 to set up collection appointment.
Garbage Preparation for Curbside Pick-Up
An unlimited (within reason) amount of garbage is permitted to be put out weekly.
- Mattress/box springs: For the workers’ protection, wrap items in plastic and tape securely closed with duct or packing tape to prevent any possible exposure to infectious pests such as bedbugs, fleas, etc.
- Freon from refrigerators, dehumidifiers, freezers, etc…. needs to be removed and proof of removal taped to the item.
- Paint cans must be dried out and placed next to the garbage cans / bags with lids off.
- Carpeting, and tree branches must be less than 4 feet in length and bundled.
- Needles and Sharp Objects: place in a hard-plastic container with a tight-fitting lid taped shut. Place with regular trash, NOT recycling.
NO tires, automobile parts, leaves, or building materials are accepted.
Televisions, computers, computer monitors, printers and other computer peripheral devices are accepted by appointment only – one item per household per month.
Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up four times a year by appointment only.
Call 724-843-9373 for more details.
BRADYS RUN RECYCLING CENTER
New operating hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday noon to 5 p.m.
Third Saturday of the month 8:30 a.m. to noon
Recyclable items include: corrugated cardboard, tin cans, polystyrene, used motor oil, e-waste, mixed paper, scrap metal, yard waste, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles and textiles/fibers. Some items require a fee.
More information is available online at www.beavercountypa.gov/Depts/WasteMgmt or call 724-770-2064.