Pursuant to the Commonwealth of PA Act 3 (Right-to-Know Law), adopted on February 14, 2008, the Borough of Conway is committed to providing access to all public documents and records as called for in this law.
Open Records Officer Borough Secretary
801 First Avenue
Conway, PA 15027
For more information on the Right-To-Know Law, visit the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records website.
If you disagree with the determination of the Borough Open Records Officer regarding the ability to release a requested record to the public, you have the right under Act 3 to appeal said decision to the PA Office of Open Records.
Exempted Documents that are not Public Records
Listed below are the exempt records under Section 708 (b) of Act 3-2008. These records are not public records subject to duplication or examination.
- Result in the loss of funds from Federal or State agencies
- Jeopardize physical or personal security
- Imperil the military, homeland security, or threaten public safety or activiites
- Endanger physical security of buildings, infrastructure, or computer storage
- Jeopardize employees' health information including workers' compensation or unemployment compensation records
- Personal information such as employee identification number, Social Security Number, drivers' license number or home information
- Personal documents such as letters of reference, performance rating or grievance materials (until a decision is made based on the latter)
- Material which details negotiation strategy for collective bargaining agreements
- Drafts of ordinances, policies or resolutions until they are finally adopted
- Pre-decisional information/deliberations for proposals or budgets, until presented to a quorum of the local agency
- Information that discloses a trade secret or other confidential proprietary material
- Personal notes for public official's own use; also includes telephone notes if not used for an official use
- The identity of a donor, except when the donation is for "the personal benefit of either a public official or agency employee"
- Unpublished lecture notes, manuscripts, articles, or other creative works in progress
- Academic transcripts (including licensing exams)
- Police investigative materials, except for the police blotter
- Reports of non-criminal investigations (this includes complaints)
- 911 tapes; however response time logs are public
- DNA & RNA records
- Autopsy records
- Draft minutes, until the next regularly scheduled meeting, or minutes from an executive session
- Real Estate appraisals. engineering studies or environmental reports
- Library circulation records
- Certain archival records and museum materials
- Any material that would identify a protected archaeological site or endangerment to any habitat for a threatened animal/plant species, which is not public
- Any material such as contract bids, construction, etc. until the contract has been awarded
- A record related to communications between an insurance carrier, administrative service organization or risk office except for contracts
- The identity of anyone who applies for social services
- Correspondence between legislator and constituent
- Records that identity, home address or birth date of a child 17 years or younger