PARKS AND RECREATION
BOROUGH PARKS CLOSE AT DUSK
Conway Borough Ordinance number 440 states that "It shall be unlawful for any minor (person less than 18 years of age) to remain in or upon any public place in the Borough of Conway after hours (from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am) unless accompanied by a parent or upon an errand or other legitimate business directed by written consent of a parent or unless engaged in gainful, lawful employment after hours, in which case said minor shall carry written identification and evidence of employment."
Dog waste must be removed immediately from sidewalks, streets, and non-owner yards by the dog-walker.
Dog Waste Stations were recently purchased and placed at the Municipal Building Park at 9th Street, Buttermore Park on 3rd Avenue, Gratty Park on South Gross Street, and at the ball field on South Gross Street. Waste baggies and a waste receptacle are provided at each station. Please use the baggies as needed.
Thank You to the Conway Civic Womens Club for purchasing the station at Buttermore Park.
Conway Borough Code prohibits animals running at large. Dogs and cats must be on a leash and under control at all times.
Dogs are not permitted at Gratty Park or on the ball fields.
Gratty Park Pavillion Rental
Pavillion has electric and water.
Park has children's playground, skate park, basketball court, street hockey area, and large field.
Port-a-john is available in the park.
Call the Secretary's Office for available dates.
Conway Borough maintains 6 parks within the Borough
- Ed Gratty Park on South Gross Street underwent extensive renovations from 2006-2008, and includes a large pavilion that is available for rent, a small pavilion, new playground equipment and swings, a Street Hockey court, a Basketball court, and a Skate Park, as well as substantial open green space. Click Here for Reservation Form
- Buttermore Park on 3rd Avenue contains a small pavilion, a Basketball court, and Playground equipment.
- Catherine Drive Park located at the end of Catherine Drive has a Basketball hoop and Playground equipment.
- John Lucaric Park ,also known as "the Ball fields," is located on South Gross Street between Foote and Sampson Streets, near the Conway Volunteer Fire Department #2. Two league-sized and one smaller field are available for use.
- Municipal Building Park, formerly the Conway Elementary School, is located off of 9th Street at 2nd Avenue. New playground equipment was obtained through a grant received by the borough. The park also has a basketball court and large ball field.
The Conway War Memorial at 11th Street and 3rd Avenue is a park for honoring the Conway Borough men and women who served our country, and for those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. Please be respectful. Skateboards, skates, bicycles and ball playing are not permitted.
Form to purchase an engraved brick to be placed at the War Memorial can be found at this link.