Garbage Collection in the Borough is provided through a contract with Valley Waste Service, Beaver Falls, PA (724) 843-9373.
Refuse collection bills are sent out by Conway Borough at the beginning of January, June, and September. Bills are for 4 months at a time at the rate of $20.00 per month.
Payment is due to Conway Borough April 30th, August 31st, and December 31st.
Residents have the option to make payment in full for the entire year before February 15th and receive a 1-month discount. This reduces the total cost of garbage & recycling pickup from $240.00 to $220.00 for the year.
Commercial / Industrial and residential buildings with four or more units must contract for their own refuse pick-up.
Garbage Preparation for Curbside Pick-Up
An unlimited (within reason) amount of garbage is permitted to be put out weekly.
- Mattress/box springs: For the workers' protection, wrap items in plastic and tape securely closed with duct or packing tape to prevent any possible exposure to infectious pests such as bedbugs, fleas, etc.
- Freon from refrigerators, dehumidifiers, freezers, etc.... needs to be removed and proof of removal taped to the item.
- Paint cans must be dried out and placed next to the garbage cans / bags with lids off.
- Carpeting, and tree branches must be less than 4 feet in length and bundled.
- Needles and Sharp Objects: place in a hard-plastic container with a tight-fitting lid taped shut. Place with regular trash, NOT recycling.
NO tires, automobile parts, leaves, or building materials are accepted.
Televisions, computers, computer monitors, printers and other computer peripheral devices are accepted by appointment only - one item per household per month.
Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up four times a year by appointment only.
Call 724-843-9373 for more details.